Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Kind of Alphabet


Got in this morning and had a wonderful, funny, filling breakfast with Vncnt at Fig's.

I was trying to juggle seeing everyone and having meaningful encounters with these special people. I wasn't doing to well.. I thought I had to push P to Wednesday, but Vnss suggested he come to the movie with us. With us? What an idea! I called him back after a semi-awkward conversation (only awkward because I felt like I blew it a little bit) and he agreed to come.
We saw two features: The Reader -- Kate Winslet is hot; The Wrestler -- Marissa Tomei is hot; other than the lovely ladies, both these films were pretty mediocre. I've still got my fingers crossed that Revolution Road won't disappoint.
At some point while we were waiting for the film to start we were talking about P's classmates' films: narrative vs. experiemental. I asked if there were any really good experimental people in his classes (Stan Brakhage-esque) and he responded that he didn't know who SB was. After trying to catch my breath, he joked: "I don't know who SB is.. does that mean this thing is over?" Vnss brought this to my attention tonight.

We're in a 'thing'! I've never felt so good about a 'thing'. A thiing!
Good way to end the break, good way to start the new year.

No comments: